Errata for Three Papers (2004-05) on Fixed-Priority Scheduling with Self-Suspensions
- worst-case response time analysis
How to Cite
The purpose of this article is to (i) highlight the flaws in three previously published works [Audsley, 2004a; Audsley, 2004b; Bletsas, 2005] on the worst-case response time analysis for tasks with self-suspensions and (ii) provide straightforward fixes for those flaws, hence rendering the analysis safe.
- Neil C. Audsley. On priority assignment in fixed priority scheduling. Inf. Process. Lett., 79(1):39-44, 2001. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0020-0190(00)00165-4
- Neil C. Audsley and Konstantinos Bletsas. Fixed priority timing analysis of real-time systems with limited parallelism. In 16th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS 2004), 30 June - 2 July 1004, Catania, Italy, Proceedings, pages 231-238. IEEE Computer Society, 2004. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ECRTS.2004.12
- Neil C. Audsley and Konstantinos Bletsas. Realistic analysis of limited parallel software / hardware implementations. In 10th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS 2004), 25-28 May 2004, Toronto, Canada, pages 388-395. IEEE Computer Society, 2004. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/RTTAS.2004.1317285
- Sanjoy K. Baruah, Deji Chen, Sergey Gorinsky, and Aloysius K. Mok. Generalized multiframe tasks. Real-Time Systems, 17(1):5-22, 1999. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1008030427220
- Marko Bertogna, Michele Cirinei, and Giuseppe Lipari. New schedulability tests for real-time task sets scheduled by deadline monotonic on multiprocessors. In James H. Anderson, Giuseppe Prencipe, and Roger Wattenhofer, editors, Principles of Distributed Systems, 9th International Conference, OPODIS 2005, Pisa, Italy, December 12-14, 2005, Revised Selected Papers, volume 3974 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 306-321. Springer, 2005. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/11795490_24
- Konstantinos Bletsas. Worst-case and Best-case Timing Analysis for Real-time Embedded Systems with Limited Parallelism. PhD thesis, Dept of Compputer Science, University of York, UK, 2007.
- Konstantinos Bletsas and Neil C. Audsley. Extended analysis with reduced pessimism for systems with limited parallelism. In 11th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA 2005), 17-19 August 2005, Hong Kong, China, pages 525-531. IEEE Computer Society, 2005. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/RTCSA.2005.48
- Konstantinos Bletsas, Neil C. Audsley, Wen-Hung Huang, Jian-Jia Chen, and Geoffrey Nelissen. Errata for three papers (2004-05) on fixed-priority scheduling with self-suspensions. Technical report, CISTER Research Centre, ISEP, Porto, Portugal, 2015.
- Jian-Jia Chen, Geoffrey Nelissen, and Wen-Hung Huang. A unifying response time analysis framework for dynamic self-suspending tasks. In 28th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, ECRTS 2016, Toulouse, France, July 5-8, 2016, pages 61-71. IEEE Computer Society, 2016. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ECRTS.2016.31
- Jian-Jia Chen, Geoffrey Nelissen, Wen-Hung Huang, Maolin Yang, Björn Brandenburg, Konstantinos Bletsas, Cong Liu, Pascal Richard, Frédéric Ridouard, Neil, Audsley, Raj Rajkumar, Dionisio de Niz, and Georg von der Brüggen. Many suspensions, many problems: A review of self-suspending tasks in real-time systems. Technical Report 854, 2nd version, Faculty of Informatik, TU Dortmund, 2017. URL: http://ls12-www.cs.tu-dortmund.de/daes/media/documents/publications/downloads/2017-chen-techreport-854-v2.pdf.
- P. Emberson, R. Stafford, and R. I. Davis. Techniques for the synthesis of multiprocessor tasksets. In Proc. 1st International Workshop on Analysis Tools and Methodologies for Embedded and Real-time Systems (WATERS 2010), pages 6-11, 2010.
- Wen-Hung Huang, Jian-Jia Chen, Husheng Zhou, and Cong Liu.PASS: priority assignment of real-time tasks with dynamic suspending behavior under fixed-priority scheduling. In Proceedings of the 52nd Annual Design Automation Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA, June 7-11, 2015, pages 154:1-154:6. ACM, 2015. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2744769.2744891
- C. L. Liu and James W. Layland. Scheduling algorithms for multiprogramming in a hard-real-time environment. J. ACM, 20(1):46-61, 1973. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/321738.321743
- Aloysius K. Mok and Deji Chen. A multiframe model for real-time tasks. In Proceedings of the 17th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS '96), December 4-6, 1996, Washington, DC, USA, pages 22-29. IEEE Computer Society, 1996. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/REAL.1996.563696
- Geoffrey Nelissen, José Carlos Fonseca, Gurulingesh Raravi, and Vincent Nélis. Timing analysis of fixed priority self-suspending sporadic tasks. In 27th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, ECRTS 2015, Lund, Sweden, July 8-10, 2015, pages 80-89. IEEE Computer Society, 2015. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ECRTS.2015.15